“ IN THE BEGINNER’S MIND there are many possibilities, in the experts ‘mind there are few”- SUZUKI
All roads lead to Rome, right? If you are a science enthusiast like me you have been told that you can’t go faster than light and that the Universe is expanding. The Beginning of the Universe is 14Billions years ago. These are true but these facts are not obvious if you don’t have a Beginner’s mindset!
I was recently a guest on my friend Tosin Badeniyi Podcast/ you-tube channel (see website http://www.niranojomomdservices.com to glean from his wisdom). We talked about Growth Mindset, Reflection, Mindfulness, and how to build Resilience in the age of disruptions. My daughter who is very creative and works behind the scenes spotted areas for improvement and challenged me to make our next podcast better! “Our children are our greatest teachers if we are present at the moment and humble enough to be students.” I dialogued with myself can you teach an old dog a new trick? Coincidentally, Davos 2023(weforum. org) commenced the week after our discourse and Intellectual Giants all over the world came together to discuss the future economical challenges. Unsurprisingly, the repeated theme was “Resilience”. According to the English dictionary, Resilience is the ability of a substance or object to return to its original shape after being bent, stretched, or pressed. If you are like me I listened with curiosity to the final discourse of the forum by “Intellectual Titans” including Christine Largade, Kristalina Georgieva, and Larry Summers. Unfortunately, none of these people have a Crystal ball and the repeated theme of the conversation was future pandemic preparedness, China, and the US economic growth. My wife had to wake me as I almost fell asleep during their debates! My daughter interjected taking a glance at the discussion panel “If all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail”, she returned to working on her presentation for the coming week. Thereafter, I had a more interesting conversation with my son who is currently learning about electricity and renewable source of Energy in primary school! He told me that his daily electricity usage is equivalent to carrying about 2,000 apples every second (Pause and think about this the next time you switch on the Light Bulb) and he showed me the project they are currently working on how to solve the electricity problem. “Learn this lesson from the fig tree, when its branch has become tender and producing leaves, you know that summer is near. Similarly, if you are a good student of history, you probably know the next disruption is around the corner, not what but when, so be prepared!”
In the 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John Maxwell, he asserts that to reach your potential you must grow. And to grow you must be intentional about it. To discover your purpose, you need to grow in self-awareness. To advance in your career you must grow in your skills. I am currently facilitating a Mastermind on 15 laws of Growth if you want to take a deep dive into 15 Laws among the community of people with a Growth mindset (see website for registration details) and one of my favorite laws is the Law of Curiosity. “Jesus Christ!” I am so grateful I have two curious children who ask me questions to challenge my old assumptions! “Who told you, you couldn’t teach an old dog a new trick?”
15 INVALUABLE LAWS OF GROWTH BY JOHN C MAXWELL (Which one is your favorite law? I’d liked to know please share your comments on social media or website@ www.niranojomomdservices.com)
- THE LAW OF INTENTIONALITY: Growth doesn’t Just Happen
- THE LAW OF AWARENESS: You Must Know Yourself to Grow Yourself.
- THE LAW OF THE MIRROR: You Must See Value in Yourself to Add Value to Yourself.
- THE LAW OF REFLECTION: Learning to Pause Allows Growth to Catch Up with you.
- THE LAW OF CONSISTENCY: Motivation Gets You Going- Discipline Keeps You Growing.
- THE LAW OF ENVIRONMENT: Growth Thrives in Conducive Surroundings.
- THE LAW OF DESIGN: To Maximize Growth, Develop Strategies
- THE LAW OF PAIN: Good Management of Bad Experiences Leads to Great Growth.
- THE LAW OF THE LADDER: Character Growth Determines the Height of Your Personal Growth.
- THE LAW OF THE RUBBER: Growth Stops When You Lose the Tension Between Where You are and Where You Could Be.
- THE LAWS OF TRADE-OFFS: You have to Give Up to Grow Up.
- THE LAWS OF CURIOSITY: Growth is stimulated by Asking Why?
- THE LAW OF MODELLING: It’s Hard to improve when you have No One But Yourself to Follow.
- THE LAW OF EXPANSION: Growth Always Increases Your Capacity
- THE LAW OF CONTRIBUTION: Growth Always Increases Your Capacity.
- MY UNDERSTANDING is that John Maxwell is currently writing the 16th Law of Undeniable Communication (Hopefully, I will be hosting John Maxwell on our future Podcast to talk about the 16th Law!)
“ A SINGLE TWIG BREAKS, But The Bundle of Twigs is Strong”
“A financial investor, let’s call his name Mr. Smith (he wants to remain anonymous), who recently completed our Mastermind group can now read 500 pages every day despite his busy Life as advised by Warren Buffet”. Can you imagine the impact on his career and investment?
ARE YOU curious about how you stack up? I have limited offers Free Coaching Consultation and the Mastermind program on my website
(http://www.niranojomomdservices.com). We are all part of a growing community, right? You’ll have to submit your e-mail address, but we’ll only include you on our mailing list if you ask us to.
- 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John C Maxwell
- Reflection, Mindfulness & Resilience (See Podcast/YouTube Channel on www.niranojomomdservices.com
- DAVOS 2023 (weforum.org)
- Mastermind Group-to register- https://www.niranojomomdservices.com
- LIMITED FREE COACHING CONSULTATION to register go to https://www.niranojomomdservices.com
- TO JOIN MY 50 BOOKS READING CHALLENGE 2023 Mailing List register@ https://www.niranojomomdservices.com
- TO INVITE ME TO YOUR ORGANISATION FOR LUNCH &LEARN register @ https://www.niranojomomdservices.com
- TO BE A GUEST ON OUR PODCAST please register your interest @ www.niranojomomdservices.com (please indicate podcast!)
- TO INVITE ME AS A SPEAKER please register your interest at @www.niranojomomdservices.com( please indicate Speaker!)