“Your habits will take you anywhere you want to go.”
In my busy schedule, I have taken time to reflect on what I have been grateful for in 2023; I am incredibly thankful for the support you’ve shown GENEXT INC this year.
When you look back on this year, what do you most enjoy?
When you look forward to 2024, what are you excited about?
Suppose YOU’RE looking for a last-minute gift for a family, friend, and colleague( or yourself!). Click the link below to see great deals and get a copy.
• IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD
The last few days have been busy, but I am trying my best to prioritize staying engaged with my two kids (? teens’) activities, from Jazz concerts to soccer (? football for our English fans!) games, and most importantly, their learning.
As an author and entrepreneur (of course, I am still a physician!), my busy schedule could be challenging. Still, life could be fun when you have a fantastic TEAM of trusted family, friends, colleagues, and collaborators!
Sorry, I forgot to mention my fantastic wife; she has been the solid rock of our family.
Shout out to the teachers who ensure our kids have a world-class education.
• WHAT IS THE CHANCE I WILL LIVE UP TO 100?
As you know, we have kick-started our book signing events in one of the biggest bookstores in Canada, if not the world. (I am not just referring to space with outdated books but real life-changing books!) Understanding the perception of reality, including time and space, is fascinating.
We all know we have entered another turning point in history this year, and next year will never be tedious but exciting, says the futurist.
I have recently been a big fan of the science fiction genre ( though I have read a few books recommended by Elon Musk). However, I find the works of HG Well fascinating.
Back to the gig, the first event was enthralling, particularly when you have a fantastic TEAM around you. Most importantly, people who appreciate my work wanted to say thank you!
As you can imagine, the conversation with people of different backgrounds was fascinating. I kept in mind the wisdom of Lady Randolph Churchill, but change is hard for most of us, including me!
“After dinner with Mr. Gladstone, I thought he was the cleverest person in England. After dinner with `Mr. Disraeli, I thought that I was.”
– Randolph Churchill
• BE A FLY ON THE WALL (The list is not exhaustive!)
“We meet no ordinary people in our lives.”
– C.S Lewis.
1. I listened to a lady in her 30s who wants the best for her younger sibling, and after a coaching session, she decided to buy ALIVE OR NOT ALIVE for her sister to kick-start a new habit in 2024.
2. I met a young man, almost 70, who looked fitter than me; he is retired and teaches the stringed instrument. We talked about one of his students with addiction issues who wants to learn to play the guitar, but the student is always tired during lessons because he is probably on solid medications! What would you do? Referrer to the ethics committee. I listened and coached, but I don’t give medical advice!
3. An elderly Shakespearian male who could quote Lady Macbeth from memory. He challenged me to go back to read Lady Macbeth. “The more I know, the less I know.”
4. A young male was looking for an alchemist and wanted to get a copy before next year. Good habit, right? He approached me, “Sir, do you know where I can find the book Alchemist? I noticed he was with his father. I wish I could remember every book in one of the biggest bookstores in the world, but my memory failed me on this occasion. A member of staff, smiling, came to my rescue. “If you don’t use it, you lose it!”
5. An Egyptian father approached me, asking if he could get a game to help his two children read more in the new year. A few minutes of coaching revealed he doesn’t spend much time with two kids like my old self because of his busy work. He admitted he only read two books in 2023. I coached him. He soon realized that his most important job was to be a father and that he needed to read more in 2024. “Show me your friend, and I will tell you who you are.”
6. Someone who bought a copy of our book online and brought it to the gig for me to autograph. His favorite chapter, what Darwin didn’t know? His question rebounded me to another level of consciousness. I can’t wait for the 2nd edition in the future.
“It’s not the strongest species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is most adaptable to change.”
– What Darwin didn’t Know (ALIVE OR NOT ALIVE)
- MASTERY-10,000 HOURS ( ALIVE OR NOT ALIVE)
True or False, or I don’t know.
Research has shown doctors in practice for 20 or 30 years do worse on specific performance objectives than those who are 2 or 3 years out of medical school.
Do you know why?
Please leave a comment sharing your reflections on the past year.
Subscribe to our free newsletter for updates on my book signing gigs before the end of 2023 and early next year.
I wish you a merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!
Always, thanks for being GENEXT Insider!!